Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Return to Grace

Tuesday, March 10 - Martes


The rain has abated!  Yes, it finally stopped raining sometime today.  The day vacillated  between clouds, a few rays of sun, heavy overcast, light rain, cool temps finally giving way to a partially cloudy sky and warmer temps.  As day turned to evening, I was able to see the beauty of the full moon.  It is absolutely breathtaking tonight.  One that I just want to sit and watch.  I tried taking pictures of it, but I don’t have the right camera.  The moon is so bright, I was told you actually need a high shutter speed.  


It was a pleasure to leave my room in a t-shirt and flip flops this evening.  I headed to the Rodeo in my red cowboy hat from Santa Fe.  Happy and grateful to be wearing less clothing than I have been able to in recent weeks.  The rodeo was actually fun - yelling and screaming for Cokie to win various prizes.  He doesn’t seem to win, perhaps because Adrian and Federico know I am biased.  All of us managed to have a good time this evening.  


I was able to admire the beauty of the moon reflecting off the relatively calm river and the way it’s light brightens the entire resort.  I am actually sitting outside on my terrace writing this by moonlight.  


Tomorrow is a big day, Federico has approved my plan of picking JoElla up at the airport.  On the way to the airport we are going to stop in Rio Frio so I can get a haircut.  I have actually messed up the bangs so badly by cutting them myself that I need some professional assistance.  After which we will drive to San Jose, have a little dinner, shop, drink coffee and just relax.  Taking in the beauty of a city.  Then, we pick up JoElla and return to the beauty that is Sueno Azul.  Oh, but before all of this, I will bask in the warmth of the sun, celebrating it’s timely appearance on my day off.   


Monday, March 9 - Lunes


The sun retreated around 2:00 p.m., making way for the rain to return at 7:00 p.m. on Saturday.  I have made peace with the weather, although I still do not like it.  I’ve relinquished the shorts and sandals until the sun returns.  Each night I go to bed thinking “tomorrow is sun”, and each morning I wake to rain.  I’ve given up trying to wear lighter yoga pants - donning my long hyde yoga pants, a jacket, socks and sneakers for the short walk to the yoga studio.  I usually end up teaching in my jacket and putting my socks on while the class rests in savasana.  Not my preferred method of teaching, but one that keeps me warm.  


I have a friend coming to visit and work!  Actually I have two friends coming this week and one coming in a couple of weeks.  Its the season of friendship.  My friend, JoElla, from San Diego will arrive on Wednesday for an 11 day visit.  I’ve managed to arrange a little fiesta to ease her transition.  The staff of Sueno is not accustomed to me having friends visit and I’d like to make it easy for everyone involved.  On Wednesday Rodrigo, Aura and I will leave Sueno in the afternoon, drive to San Jose and have a festive dinner, relaxing, chatting and possibly enjoying warm weather.  After which we’ll pick JoElla up at the airport around 9:00 p.m. and drive back to the resort together.  It’s a nice introduction for Aura and Rodrigo, a great welcome for JoElla and a fabulous way for me to spend a few hours outside of the resort on my day off.  I met JoElla at Forrest Yoga Teacher Training in 2001.  We practiced side by side for most of the 30 day training, grunting, groaning, crying and smiling.  We managed to keep in touch since, despite the fact that the last time I actually saw her was in 2004.   I‘m hoping we recognize each other at the airport.  


Monique, my other friend, will be much easier to recognize as I just saw her in August.  Monique and I are co-teaching a workshop entitled “Relax, Renew, Restore”.  She’ll arrive on Saturday for our week long workshop.  It will be good to see her as well.  I love spending time with Monique, co-teaching is a special treat.  This week, my capacity changes - I become the workshop leader while JoElla steps in to teach the morning yoga classes and serve as the on-sight representative.  She gets all of the questions!  


I’ll return to my usual role for another week on March 21.  After which, Eva arrives.  I also met Eva at the Forrest Yoga Teacher Training in 2001.  We became fast friends, when she opened her home to me after September 11 of the same year.  I’ve seen Eva many times since then - Chicago, NYC, Connecticut.  Our most recent reunion was in December of 2007 - we spent 7 days in a Forrest Yoga Continuing Education class.  Eva will assume the role of daily yoga instructor and on-sight representative while I teach The 12-Steps of Yoga ® workshop.  It will be great to see her again and have her unwavering support while I’m teaching.  


I’ll remain in Costa Rica until April 11, squeezing a three day trip in with Aura.  We’re not sure where we are going, but we’re going somewhere.  The next few weeks promise to be very busy.  I’m looking forward to the changes and the friends.  

No comments:

Post a Comment